Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Who We Are!
GlobalStep is a world leader in providing industry-leading technology services to the Games Industry. Our lines of service include Development, Games QA, Translation, Localisation Quality Assurance (LQA), Player Support, Playtest Analysis, Software Testing, Application Development, and Content Management.
Unlocking inherent human potential is one of our Brand Principles, we are creating an organization where everyone can fulfil potential. This means building the best-in-class career development, skills assessments, gap identification and career pathing and training.
Due to continued expansion, GlobalStep is looking for a Director of HR Operations to provide strategic and operational HR management for our business in the USA. You will be part of a growing leadership team responsible for ensuring GlobalStep is a great place to work, where everyone can reach their potential.
As the Director of HR Operations, you will work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure the HR needs of our US operation and global locations are met and aligned with the overall strategic objectives. To be successful in the role you must be able to balance working at a strategic level with the c-suite as well as delivering front-line HR support and initiatives. You will have deep knowledge of the full range of HR-related market trends and laws, be able to advise senior managers on these and ensure successful implementation of any change resulting from your recommendations.
The role will be incredibly varied and challenging. It will require someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to keep pace with the rate of change and provide the right solutions for the business.
Responsibilities to include:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of running the day-to-day HR function, including but not limited to onboarding, employee records, queries and payroll.
- Provide full spectrum of HR services including Talent Acquisition, remuneration & benefits, employee relations, staff mobility, staff development, budget review.
- Deliver a cost-efficient programme in respect of the company’s benefit schemes.
- Develop and implement HR workflow, processes, policies, procedures which comply with US law & statutory regulations and policies
- Ensure GlobalStep complies with legislation affecting employees and the premises.
- Lead on continuous improvements including policy and procedure implementation and day to day HR operational processes.
- Partner with the global HR team to devise and deliver global HR initiatives
- Work with the L&D Director to provide L&D initiatives to support business need.
- Partner with external experts on Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development and Recruitment, to provide holistic business solutions.
- Build and maintain key relationships across the company in order to support the drive of culture change objectives in HR.
- Create and implement strategies for retention of employees at all levels
- Ensure grievance redressal and invoke disciplinary action where necessary
- Lead and make recommendations on promotions and salary progression.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks and operational duties as required
- Significant Human Resources generalist experience and a minimum of 3 years at management level, ideally within a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of successfully supporting a high-growth organisation, for example start-up to IPO
- Demonstrable strategic understanding, and operational delivery, of people agendas covering attraction, recruitment, performance management, employee engagement, talent management and organisational change and development
- Thorough working knowledge of resourcing, recruitment and selection
- Able to establish credibility with senior management – strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable ability to motivate and positively influence others,
- Possess strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Solid problem-solving and analytical capabilities; analysing Human Resources metrics, find root causes and then develop short, medium and long-term plans accordingly,
- Strong understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems