You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep is a recognized brand in the gaming space and partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 3,000 Video Game titles that have generated over $30 billion in game revenue.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
The Marketing Director reports to the CEO and will be responsible for the marketing strategies and plans that enable us to expand relationships with our set of marquis customers – like Sony, Facebook, Microsoft, EA and other major publishers and developers – and acquire new customers to add to this list. This key hire will play a pivotal role in developing the Marketing function and enabling GlobalStep to drive our future growth. The goal is to make our brand visible and drive demand so the CMO will need to be both strategic and excel at operational execution. S/he will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of marketing strategy, budget oversight, marketing talent, demand generation programs and target audience experiences from buying team members at prospect and customer accounts. This individual must be an orchestrator, ensuring all relevant groups collaborate on and execute a shared go-to-market strategy. An awareness of gaming, or associated, industries is a plus.
- Own Overall Brand Management: Drive awareness and enhance our brand and value with both new and existing customers. Guide, create and deliver messaging and content to communicate value to the market including ICP and stakeholder identification, positioning, and creative/design resources. Persuade and engage with various market and influencer audiences, including becoming an “evangelist” and spokesperson for the company.
- Develop Marketing Strategy: Develop the B2B marketing strategy including budget oversight, talent and team organization development and growth, agency support, GTM plans and approaches and customer journey mapping. Align strategy and operational execution plan, including deliverables, timeline, and contributors, as well as supporting players/functions to ensure success.
- Build Comprehensive GTM & Demand Generation Plan: Proven ability to build and lead a demand generation organization that includes key competencies which may include product marketing, content marketing, social and digital marketing, brand awareness, demand/lead generation (inbound and outbound channels), ABM, and events. Develop go-to-market strategies to bring our services to market through effective launches to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Establish Marketing KPIs and ROMI: Establish and manage quarterly and annual key performance indicators and budgets for demand generation programs to ensure spending is allocated to the highest-performing marketing tactics and optimize GTM activities.
- Manage Martech Infrastructure: Work with IT to select tools and marketing technology (Martech ) stack to achieve goals. This includes artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) marketing automation, intent data toolsets and ABM platforms.
- Drive Market Research and Competitive Intelligence: Perform market research (primary or secondary) to segment the market and establish buyer insight, identifying what opportunities, challenges and dynamics exist for GlobalStep and our services offered. Collaborate with executive leadership team to define customer and market needs.
- Market research: must be able to conduct research to better understand the market and buyers.
- Competitive intelligence: Define the solution alternatives that exist for buyers — both direct competitors and those in adjacent spaces, the relative strengths and weaknesses of each, and points of differentiation
- Market dynamics: Outline both the buy-side and sell-side forces impacting the industry, as well as technological changes or other factors that might cause buyer uncertainty & impact sales.
- Market segmentation: Propose the market segments that are the ideal targets for our products and services, with their expected growth rates.
- Ideal customer profile (ICP): Define the characteristics of the ideal buying organization and what makes it a fit for our products.
- Buyer personas and influencers: Identify the roles involved with buying our products and services; the external influences playing a role in selecting options.
- Customer journey mapping: outlining the process for how customers explore, evaluate, and engage with our brand.
To support the wide range of responsibilities for this role, the candidates must possess an equally broad set of skills.
- Building and developing a world-class Marketing function
- Strategic marketing planning and operational excellence
- Team and talent development
- Budget oversight and governance
- General market skills, including:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with CRM lead management tools (such as Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo and Oracle Eloqua).
- Familiarity with the leading digital and social marketing platforms (such as Google and LinkedIn).
- Familiarity with advertising technology platforms (such as Google Ads and AdRoll).
- Familiarity with content syndication providers (such as Madison Logic and TechTarget).
- Familiarity with marketing technology and tools, including personalization engines, firmographic, technographic, and intent data platforms and content marketing platforms.
- Familiarity with common spreadsheet applications (such as Excel), including pivot tables and charting.
- Experience developing, implementing, and determining business impact through various GTM approaches, including:
- Ability to forecast the marketing funnel to ensure campaigns are measured and optimized across the buying cycle and align with sales targets.
- Understanding the typical approaches, methods, challenges and output of multichannel attribution models and media mix modeling.
- Ability to present results in consumable formats, including dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
- Working with data scientists to make actionable decisions based on large datasets.
- Cross-functional communication skills, including:
- Active and ongoing communication of project planning and management status to key stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to build relationships with functions outside marketing, such as sales, IT, and product management.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to storyboard, write, design, and deliver compelling presentations to senior leaders.
- Ability to pivot rapidly and adjust.
- 10 years of business-to-business marketing experience with a minimum of seven years in enterprise technology services firms.
- Gaming or associated industry a plus
- Proven ability to create experiences that engage buyers, and to share demand generation results for prior roles in enterprise technology providers, including revenue contribution and deal acceleration trends.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent work experience required, MBA a plus.