GlobalStep is a leading vendor-partner for outsource services in the video games industry. Our comprehensive ecosystem of games services span the full product lifecycle, from pre-production to live ops. We enable our clients, from indie developers to AAA publishers, to drive revenue and create high impact digital experiences. Our services include Game Development, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA, Playtest Analytics, and Player Support. Our specialized gaming practice helps over 200 game studios across the world deliver amazing, immersive experiences to their players across all platforms. With service locations and studios in North America, UK, Europe, and Asia, we have a tightly integrated delivery model across geographies and lines of services, all fully focused on enabling the success of our clients.
- Work ethic – You are a consummate professional
- Aptitude – You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication – You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact – You are a critical thinker with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion – You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership – You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.
Key Responsibilities : –
- Act as the primary QA point of contact once the opportunity is won.
- Participate in chats, calls, or other forms of communication.
- Understand the specific needs of the client.
- Send a start-of-day email detailing the planned focus for the team.
- Send an end of day report detailing the outcome of the day’s activities.
- Write end of project retrospective reports and support quarterly business reviews.
- Understand the design of the title: scope, features, and roadmap.
- Ensure training resources are available and organized.
- Own the ongoing creation of the test suite as design decisions are shared with you.
- Knowledge of bug database management, workflows, resolutions, and KPIs.
- Expertise with PC, mobile, and console hardware, installation, tools, and troubleshooting.
- Inform project and resource management of increases and decreases in headcount.
- Communicate hardware and software needs to management and IT.
- Task the team each morning based on the direction provided by the client.
- Ensure adherence to test case execution, bug writing, regression and halo testing standards.
- Coach team members to promote development in their position or career.
- Conduct and/or validate performance evaluations and set objectives.
- Identify and manage non-performance and/or interpersonal conflicts.
- Approve timesheets and manage absences and vacations of team members.