Department: Games Studio
GlobalStep is a world leader in technology services with offices in the US, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 300 AAA Video Game titles where the delivery of a unique and immersive digital experience was the focus of the customer purchase.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
What will you do ?
We believe, bringing a game to life is a special craft.
Rigging is making our characters able to move within the games.
Character rigging is a technique used in skeletal animation where you add control to a model.
You will be Rigging and skinning of a wide variety of characters using existing tools, and drive the development of new tools to aid and improve runtime deformations. Developing rigs that push the quality of faces, clothing and hair to new heights.
As a Senior Rigging Artist, you will be responsible for the construction of rigs for 3D characters, vehicles and props, and develops animation et rigging tools. He is responsible for creating animation interfaces that meet technical requirements and the artistic vision of the project.
As a Rigger, you will create digital skeletons for 3D computer-generated (CG) characters
- Create rigs for 3D characters and non-character 3D assets for games using MAYA
- Create, test and maintain body and face rigs, skinning and secondary motion setups for a variety of 3D assets.
- Ability to come up with optimal rigging solutions, techniques.
- Use proprietary system to creating and exporting constraints, custom deformers, secondary motion etc to the game engine.
- Document and maintain libraries of rig modules that can be shared across multiple projects.
- Work closely with Lead Artists, Art Directors to define optimal workflow, pipeline
- Staying current with latest technologies/research ongoing in the field to help keep our dynamic art visuals at the cutting-edge regarding motion and deformation.
- Able to import and setup Rigs and animations in Unreal/Unity.
- Resolve technical issues as per Game and Engine requirements.
- 5+ years of production experience creating complex rigs for Games
- Good knowledge of 3D DCCs, preferably Maya
- Experience with game engines like Unity3D, Unreal Engine
- Understanding of human body and facial anatomy
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.