Job Type: Permanent
Reporting Manager – Sr VP, Client Services Games
Who We Are!
GlobalStep is a world leader in providing industry-leading technology services to the Games Industry. Our lines of service include Development, Games QA, Translation, Localization Quality Assurance (LQA), Player Support, Playtest Analysis, Software Testing, Application Development, and Content Management.
Delivery Excellence is one of our Brand Principles, we provide our services from our operational centres located in the USA, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. Our clients span the full spectrum of the Games industry.
We are looking for a results-driven high technology professional possessing exceptional interpersonal communication skills and extensive experience in the Gaming space, or closely related industry, you will be a trusted and sought-after advisor to help business grow. Proven experience in building a sustainable centre-led continuous improvement model that drives measurable process and resource efficiencies is essential. The successful candidate will be a change leader with industry, technology, and functional knowledge of the gaming industry. They will have a high energy level and be an obvious team player with strong negotiating, consultative, coaching, teaching, and people management skills.
- Lead the client services practice in Montreal, which includes a team of Games, Localization, LQA Directors, Managers etc.
- Do the needs assessment from the prospects/clients and then should be able to create the solution based on the needs
- Extend the thinking and vision of the client during the needs assessment phase and on an ongoing basis with consultative solutions approach.
- Provides options and makes decisions about the balance between quality, time, and cost
- Responsible for the P&L of the entire client services practice in Montreal – – resourcing levels, capacity planning, ROI.
- Build an awesome relationship and rapport with the clients
- Build the technical vision and strategy
- Oversight over the entire operations and ensuring great delivery and quality from the team(s) in Montreal.
- Play an important role in supporting the teams in different locations.
- Establish and assign work from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project or sub-project level.
- Optimize our technical setup and infrastructure to fit clients’ needs
- Establish roadmaps, standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Take initiatives and push teams to create the best possible technology.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and products.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Create and communicate an overall vision for quality within the company, setting goals and recommending organizational changes to achieve these goals.
- Communicate the company’s quality system to clients.
- Create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement and implements systems to nurture quality excellence.
- Promote consensus and quality throughout the company.
- Focus quality initiatives on a pro-active rather a reactive structure.
- Responsible for carrying out gap/root cause analysis and create improvement plans.
- Policies for how to handle disputes when the quality bar has not been met.
- Responsible for people development.
- Manage career progression within the discipline and implement a path that keeps people motivated and engaged.
- Always strive to improve our technology and practices.
- Attract, hire, and retain top engineers.
- Inspire the team to take on ambitious goals and to innovate.
- Drive cross-team and cross-studio knowledge sharing of best practices together with other Directors and Managers.
- Be the technical contact for our clients.
- Confidently provide hands-on advice
- Be prepared to jump in when needed.
- Oversee the quality and performance of our code.
- Showcase and present organization capabilities to clients and support sales.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 15 years of test expertise in Gaming or related industry.
- At least 7 years experience in a leadership position.
- Strong ability to influence businesses in a highly distributed organization.
- Past experiences working with a corporate quality organization, implementing, and managing formal QMS and implementing strong governance framework.
- Experience of testing large complex titles and AAA across mobile and PC/Consoles is a plus.
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing for consoles and PC.
- Experience in presales activities for the growth of the practice.
- Experience of working in a Global Delivery model coordinating delivery of services across multiple delivery locations.
- Build, enhance and future proof the practice for ongoing relevance and growth.
- Hold accountable for best-in-class services and quality of service.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills. French knowledge is a plus.
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.