Significantly improved automation coverage and accuracy
Our client caters to the education domain and is committed to help children learn and have a global education initiative. Its goal is to help children build a strong foundation for future academic success by providing a comprehensive and engaging online curriculum to greatly assist early learners to succeed in pre-k, kindergarten, and early elementary school programs.
The company rolls out a number of updates for the website with the frequency being two to five updates per week. Considering the high volume of updates and large regression suite spread across 13 different areas it was getting practically impossible to test everything manually. As the automation coverage was about 5% client wanted to increase the automation coverage to as much as possible but did not have enough resources to achieve this target.
- Set up a flexible resource pool of dedicated automation engineers working within agile sprints to provide QA services.
- Scope of automation involved creating of Automation scripts for specified modules, integration tests and execution.
- Requirement understanding sessions were conducted from client management team.
- Enhanced the framework to provide additional coverage.
- Provided management oversight through a dedicated QA manager who was provided responsibility for entire QA lifecycle.
- Performed integration test for the automation scripts to ensure that proper handshake is done between each scripts.
- Automation was done on-schedule with minimal effort variance.
- Gave inputs to improve the automation framework and the function libraries.
- Automation coverage of 98% was achieved.
- Authored and set up automation test suites to run each time a new build was ready.
- Daily and Weekly status reports provided to management team to communicate and track automation status.