As a Certification Specialist your main responsibilities will revolve around researching, development and performing certification & compliance testing based on internal and external needs, as well as quality standards.
- Disseminate project and testing goals, strategies and overall information to all team members to provide visibility into the progress of game development and testing.
- Methodically verify each TRC standard or requirement.
- Keep the team up to date on the latest changes in TRC procedures/rules and advise production teams on their use.
- Review, analyze and verify manufacturer’s feedback reports.
- Proactively develop Certification and Compliance documentation.
- Draft reports on the tests that are carried out and update the test documents provided by the certification specialist team lead (validation grid, testcase, etc.).
- Follow up on the issues compiled in the database.
- Provide detailed descriptions of the issues and reproduction rules.
- Advise production teams and/or management on TCR/TRC standard use.
- Able to review documentation, assist with preparation of preliminary and final reports and write work papers to summarize findings.
- Provide regular updates and escalate concerns to relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, at all times.
- At least 3 years QA experience at video game development studios.
- 1-2 years’ experience in compliance testing.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent First Party Sony guidelines expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of Sony CRT standards.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of independence and initiative.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone as needed.
- Basic knowledge of programming logic is an asset.
- Sharp observation skills.
- Knowledge of SDK and console-specific tools.