Who We Are!
GlobalStep is a world leader in technology services with offices in the US, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. We have lines of service that include Games QA, Translation, LQA, Embedded Services, Player Support, Playtest Analysis, Software Testing, Application Development and Content Management.
Delivery Excellence is one of our Brand Principles, we provide our services from our operational centres located in the USA, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. Our clients span the full spectrum of the Games industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The QA Manager will be responsible for setting up QA best practices, manage multiple client engagements and manage the full life cycle of testing. The QA Manager will further be responsible for building testing practice, enhancing service capabilities, quality and test maturity. The role will interface with the Senior QA Manager, the SVP of Delivery and the Director of HR & Operations to expand GlobalStep’s game testing practice globally.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Supervisory Responsibilities – Ability to manage the QA department and multiple client engagements.
- Account Management – Builds relationships, understand additional client needs and expanding the existing client relationships
- Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communication – Clearly expresses ideas and thoughts. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Demonstrates excellent presentation skills. Uses appropriate communication methods. Keeps all stakeholders informed.
- Quality Management – Sets clear quality requirements. Measures key outcomes. Fosters quality focus in others. Solicits and applies customer feedback. Improves processes, products, and services.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses. Analyses market and competition. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Implement operational framework of excellence through people, processes, culture, and organizational design.
- Ensure that the practice provides client services to the highest level of quality, and step in when needed.
- Maintain Client Relationships and is accountable for full client satisfaction for all services delivered on all projects.
- On-board all new Clients and develops work plans, work estimates and provide proposals on all new project requests.
- Support Sales personnel in the sales cycle in a manner consistent with business practices of GlobalStep.
- Define and monitor practice wide as well as project specific KPI / Metrics.
- Manage excellence in productivity and quality.
- Guide and mentors Project Managers and Leads.
- Ensure the adoption of Testing Best Practices.
- Ensure that learnings from projects and clients are appropriately applied across the entire practice for every project.
- Assist the Director of HR & Ops and the Recruitment Manager in defining the Wage rates.
- Adapt the GlobalStep training programs to accelerate the growth of testers to Leads.
- Manage the Capacity Planning tool, and the resource management tool to ensure accuracy in billings.
- Publish all daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and data and provide all information to management, as necessary.
- Maintain skills profile for each person and collate feedback.
- Assist with training as needed.
- Manage Games QA Practice and ensure Excellence in Service Delivery.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A rare opportunity to help build and shape a brand-new team
- Hybrid working from home model.
- A professional, fun, and supportive work environment
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.