Department: Localization QA
Job Location: Remote / Bucharest
Who we are:
You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 3,000 Video Game titles that have generated over $30 billion in game revenue.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients. Your life at GlobalStep
As a tester, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the translation of video games and/or software, checking the linguistic quality (in text and/or audio) on different platforms.
You will provide a comprehensive localization test for subtitles, localized audio files, scripted text, and more.
You will report, in a database, any type of error in spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation, and/or translation quality, inconsistency, incorrect terminology. You will suggest appropriate corrections and improvements to improve the quality of service that is requested by the client.
You will also have to ensure that the content is well adapted to the German language, culture, and market.
You will perform all these tasks under the responsibility of one of our great Lead Testers and with a friendly team based on mutual support.
- You are fluent in written, spoken and reading German
- You are familiar with German culture
- You have a good command of written, spoken and reading English
- Experience in localization / translation is an asset
- You have good communication skills with your teammates
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team
- You know (if you know how to use it even better!) computer tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, Google Drive and JIRA
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A rare opportunity to help build and shape a brand-new team
- Clear career paths within the organization.
- A professional, fun and supportive work environment