As one of the UK’s leading provider of professional services to the video game industry, we looking for a talented QA Lead to join our Games department.
As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for managing multiple client engagements, building our testing practice and enhancing our service capabilities. With an excellent working knowledge of testing and people management, you will be expected to own the quality output of your assigned projects.
Reports to the Director of Client Services.
- Supervise and lead a group of QA testers, assigning tasks and deadlines.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships to be a trusted business partner.
- Proactively work with clients to identify their business objectives, priorities and directions, and critical success factors and apply this knowledge to establish and implement an account strategy.
- People management responsibilities such as training, performance reviews and development planning.
- Mentor and coach team members: should be an expert in testing and quality principles and methods, including awareness of new techniques, tools and approaches in the industry.
- Publish daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and provide all information to management as necessary.
- Manage various bug-tracking databases depending on project needs.
- Validate bug reports from testers and ensure they meet the client and company standards.
- Develop and update comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases.
- Device management: be responsible for devices used by the team and follow company procedures about getting and returning devices, account management and other rules.
- Be the main point of contact with clients and maintain a high level of communication through various tools (Skype, e-mail, phone or any client-preferred tools).
- Works with other QA Leads at a business level to recommend and implement process improvement.
- Previous experience as a QA Lead, preferably with an external component.
- Experience in client relationship management, service delivery management or team/ people management.
- Good understanding of test processes and practices in line with industry standards.
- Understanding of Agile workflow and how QA fits this methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication backed up with proactive knowledge sharing and a best practice approach.
- Ease of working with QA tools such as bug-tracking databases, test case management software, and MS Excel.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills and the ability to act decisively under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic with a professional attitude and work ethic.
- QA experience at all stages of the development cycle.
- Extensive Mobile QA experience.
- Technical knowledge of game consoles and terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (macro, pivot tables, graphs, charts, design).
- ISTQB series, management or similar certifications/ training.