Department: Games Development
Job Type: Full Time
GlobalStep is a world leader in providing industry-leading technology services to the Games Industry. Our lines of service include Development, Games QA, Translation, Localization Quality Assurance (LQA), Player Support, Playtest Analysis, Software Testing, Application Development, and Content Management.
Delivery Excellence is one of our Brand Principles, we provide our services from our operational centers located in the USA, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. Our clients span the full spectrum of the Games industry.
At GlobalStep, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
What will you do ?
We believe, bringing a game to life is a special craft. A game is the only software application in the world where the entirety of its functional utility is in the immersive digital experience it provides. Bringing together art, sound, and code, a game’s objective is an engaging experience.
Come be a part of our dynamic team and use your creativity to design games for a range of devices and platforms that engage and capture the imagination of the user for AAA titles
We are looking for passionate game designer to be apart of our team, with specialization is Game Designing & Level Designing.
As a Game Designer, you’ll bring ideas, build prototypes, create interactive narration and develop the game’s mechanics. You’ll design systems that are easily maintainable, expandable and comfortable to use, while injecting fun into the user experience.
- Experience in interacting with international clients across time zones
- Should have handled multiple projects for mobile/PC gaming
- Should be creative, imaginative, unique, and original
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong in presenting your ideas both verbally and on paper
- In depth understanding of game design and level design a must
- Good knowledge of game design tools & game development technologies
- Mentor, Collaborate & Lead the pool of Game Designers / Level Designers
- Help to create levels for an immersive gameplay scenario.
- Work with internal tools and create levels from concept to final polish
- Conduct level progress evaluations with the team to provide feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game
- Locate and fix issues in both your own and your team’s work
- Work closely with designers on the customer side and continuously adapt to feedback/expectations quickly and better the quality of deliverables
- Create daily/ weekly/quarterly status for the project/ projects to be shared with client.
- Manage resources designers working on projects
- Creating new game pitch with core game idea, mechanics, USP, etc., and present it to stakeholders and greenlighting the game for production.
- Drive prototyping, mechanics, pacing, tuning, tutorial/FTUE, usability, level ramp, story, meta-structure, aesthetics and creative vision of projects assigned
- Detailing the design thoroughly in the form as Game Design Doc (GDD) and help the production team.
- Ability to convey a design through storyboards, not pages of text
- Able to possess a thorough understanding of game play theory
- Minimum of 7+ years game designing / development experience and significant contribution to a major title that shipped
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in team management
- Passion for game design and level design
- Strong experience in Gameplay and Economy design
- Ability to quickly learn toolset and become a subject matter expert
- Experience with design production tools and level editing pipelines
- Positive CAN-DO attitude, strong work ethic, meticulous attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Passion, enthusiasm, and experience with casual games genre
- Experience conducting playtests autonomously
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with Unity Engine, Unreal Engine would be a plus.