Department: Games Studio
GlobalStep is a world leader in technology services with offices in the US, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 300 AAA Video Game titles where the delivery of a unique and immersive digital experience was the focus of the customer purchase.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
We are looking for a talented unity developer to join our design team. As a unity developer, you will be responsible for planning and implementing game functionality, building the game code, identifying bottlenecks, and ensuring the quality of the finished product. You may also be required to build patches and install game updates.
What will you do ?
Unity is a cross-platform game engine which is primarily used to develop video games and simulations for computers, consoles and mobile devices.
Unity is a 3D/2D game engine and powerful cross-platform IDE for developers.
As a Senior Unity Engineer, you will play a critical role in the development and maintenance of our SDK for game developers. You’ll work closely with our product and engineering teams to create and implement new features, improve performance, and ensure the SDK is secure and user-friendly.
As a skilled software developer, you will design and build games using unity software.
You will work in close collaboration with our remote team, but also join us in building up a local team of developers and training up new ones. Together with the team you will develop new and exciting game features, and maintain a highly scalable code-base.
- Manage game development engineering team
- Develop best practices to ensure game code is bug free and is in line with client expectation
- Help project stakeholders with budget and estimation
- Participate in Game Project discussions and client Q&A Sessions
- Identify developments needs and build solutions to enhance productivity
- Ensure game code follow’s best coding practices
- Monitor and manage technical debt
- Evaluate game design documentation, check feature feasibility, foresee use cases
- Maintain/create detailed technical design documentation and diagrams
- Drive innovation by introducing new programming practices for the game
- 6+ years of experience in building AAA/AA game titles
- Experience in managing game development teams
- Well versed with code review practices and automation tools
- Worked in Agile production environment and familiar with project management tools such as JIRA
- Ability to convert design briefs into technical specification
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology requirements
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.