Department: Game Art Studio
GlobalStep is a world leader in technology services with offices in the US, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 300 AAA Video Game titles where the delivery of a unique and immersive digital experience was the focus of the customer purchase.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
What will you do ?
We believe, bringing a game to life is a special craft.
Game concept art provides a foundation for the model artists, animators, game designers, and programmers to get a feel for the aesthetic of the game and bring the project to life.
2D character artists’ job is to draw a character on a flat plane. You shall draw figures in different angles and the keyframes of the 2D animation.
This role requires serious drawing skills It’s the art that depicts the game’s characters, whether for playable characters or non-playable characters. This type of concept art is used to help design what a character will look like, what kind of personality they might have and how they might move and behave within the game world.
As a Concept Artist, you should possess sound knowledge about 2D graphics software (like Adobe Photoshop)
Your primary responsibility as a 2D Concept Artist for Character is to create sketches, paintings and 2D+3D imagery to help support the needs for gameplay for different departments within the studio.
- Work collaboratively with the Art Director to define the game’s visual identity, artistic vision.
- Create stunning character, creatures focused key art visuals and relative character related props (Weapons, Armor etc).
- Interpret creative briefs and produce artwork that takes into account context, timeframes, and technical limitations.
- Develop and refine artwork from initial sketch to final polish, ensuring it is well presented and defined.
- Offer various creative alternatives and iterate on them throughout the project’s progression and to establish the expected style for concepts.
- Ability to communicate ideas via mood board & story boards for references.
- Collect and catalogue references, perform competitive analysis, and develop research strategies under the Art Director’s guidance.
- Ability to work on a variety of Art styles and adapt to different game genres (Realistic, Stylized and Toony character designs)
- Must have 4+ years of experience in creating character concept artwork for games and relative portfolio.
- Strong understanding of art aesthetics (grasp of colour, light, composition, anatomy, perspective, depth, rendering skills).
- Understanding of 2D/3D Game art production pipeline/workflow.
- Experienced working in Agile team environment.
- Understanding of current/past trends in gaming industry.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.